Now that the Simplicity website seems to be working again, I can finally check out the new patterns. There are a few that I find really nice, but there are some that I really wonder what they were thinking when they designed them!😯
- I really like Khalia Ali’s 3804. A nice raised neckline and I really like the large sash. I think these are nice separates that can be coordinated together but with other garments, like the tunic with a nice pair of jeans for a casual outfit.
- The tunics/mini-dresses of 3807 are cute. I’m not 16 anymore and I certainly don’t have the legs to flaunt it, but wearing a mini-dress or a tunic over a pair of jeans or pants is very “in” here, whatever your age.
- I think 3790 offers nice mix & match combinations. I like the brown tunic shown on the cover of the pattern!
- Too bad 3775 doesn’t come in larger sizes. It offers interesting waistline variations.
- The 3785 gowns are lovely. Too bad I already have a pattern for DSIL’s wedding in May!
- I do like 3773, it has a nice retro look that appeals to me. But… no sleeves? My arms are far from being presentable so I’d have to draw some sleeves to be able to wear it. I thrive on sewing challenges, but I have enough patterns to challenge me at the moment, I don’t need another one that’ll remain in my stash forever because I’m too lazy to take the time to draw sleeves… What can I say, I like a pattern I can use right out of the box!😳
- I don’t know where Simplicity got the idea 3799 could be flattering to plus-size women😯 That crop top is killing me…
- But there’s worse: the long-sleeves dress of 3778 looks like a 70’s housedress and I really cannot believe this design is flattering to a larger sized body. If you don’t agree with me, please make the dress and send me a picture while wearing it, I need to be convinced!!!
Here you go: my personal appreciation of the new Summer collection. Of course I’m biaised and I’m judging on my own style, taste and body type. So you don’t have to agree with me😉 I’ll clear out a few patterns from my stash before I purchase 3804 and/or 3807. I’m all in for a “dress” summer, but I want to see if I will actually like wearing dresses before I purchase more dress patterns!